ATTENTION BEA ASTRONOMY COURSE ATTENDEES!
We will aim to meet for an observing session at Halidon Hill near Berwick on Saturday March 24th from 7pm. This event is weather dependent. Please check back here on Saturday afternoon (3pm) to confirm whether this event is going ahead.
I use the following websites a lot to stay up to date with news of aurora, meteors and new comets as well as for my astronomy research and outreach presentations.
- http://www.spaceweather.com/ for news about aurora, noctilucent clouds and meteors.
- www.aerith.net/comet/weekly/current.html Weekly information about comets.
- www.lunasociety.org/atlas/index.shtml The full moon atlas.
- astro.unl.edu/ Astronomy education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- www.heavens-above.com/ Heaven's Above: satellite passes, sky charts and more.
- www.aavso.org/ American Association of Variable Star Observers.
- olravet.fr/Algol/ Dates and times of minima of Algol.
- imo.net/ International Meteor Organization.
- ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons.cgi NASA Solar System Dynamics. Ephemeris generator for solar system bodies.
- adsabs.harvard.edu/abstract_service.html NASA ADS Abstract Service.